5 reasons NOT to book tours with the Akbran Company:
1. The owner of the company Sumit U has the worse customer service. ie. when our concerns were voiced, he laughed and belittled them. In addition when we asked about whether or not he planned to reimburse us for the accommodations that were promised, yet not delivered upon, he said no and we didnt hear from him for the rest of the trip.
2. The hotels he books with are NOT 5 star. Let's be clear, I didn't have unreasonable expectations, but cleanliness was one of them. Both of the hotels we stayed in had mold and mildew throughout the rooms and even in the rooms they switched us too. When asked about a different hotel or any compensation we were told no.
3. The website says all meals included and also says breakfast and lunch per itinerary. I assumed it would be breakfast and lunch only which would be fine. However, breakfast was not included the first day and lunch was not included the last day. When asked why, he states it wasn't a part of the itinerary although that is not documented anywhere.
4. I am aware in my travels that you are usually taken to shops where the tour guides/host get commission but they were not upfront about it when asked and would not provide alternative shops when asked.
5. The actual tours and tour guides were good. Yay, positive review.
6. I don't like to complain and I don't usually write reviews but I felt this was necessary.
I want to thank AKBRAN TOUR team for your excellent work organizing my trip. You delivered on all of your promises. Good well-located hotels, super private tours, skilled and friendly drivers for private transfer, good food and more exceeded my high expectations. Everyone you hired for me were punctual, professional, enthusiastic and friendly. This personal touch, in particular the drivers and guides made my trip authentic, stress free, inspiring, fun and memorable. Thanks a lot!
There is no such thing as a perfect tour. You are most likely visiting a new country and you are bound to experience something that makes you uncomfortable. What you need is a tour agency that is willing to respond promptly and respectfully. I got that experience with this travel agency. The owners communicate with you throughout the entire trip and ensure everything is running smoothly. If you don't like something, they go above and beyond to fix it. The car service was excellent--airconditioned, new car. The tour guide i met were knowledgable and professional. My Agra tour guide was my favorite. He is such a good guy and i left feeling i made a new friend. The hotel rooms were good and the sites were photogenic. If you want a safe, fun, and memorable experience in India, i recommend this package and service!