It’s dawn when a long funeral procession enters from Porta Palio to the Church of Santa Maria Antica. On a hearse, the body of Cangrande della Scala, the lord of Verona, the friend of Dante Alighieri, who died just two days before in Treviso. For centuries his death remained shrouded in mystery. In 2004, an autopsy performed on the mummified body of Cangrande has lifted the veil and revealed the real cause of death: poisoning.
Are you ready to investigate a 700 year old murder?
This isn't a normal walking tour: with "Killing Cangrande" experience, you'll be the real protagonists of a real investigation: each stop of the itinerary lets you to know something about the medieval Verona and to collect evidences and clues to solve the mystery.
Start from Castelvecchio courtyard and head to Piazza Bra. next, follow the clues to Santa Maria della Scala church, Piazza delle Erbe and Sant' Elena church. See Sant'Anastasia church and the Scaliger Tombs (Arche Scaligere).
Not all the clues are simple to understand! You'll be ask to solve some riddles to get all the information you need.
Until the end of the tour, when the truth will be revealed: will you succeed? Will you find out who killed Cangrande della Scala, why they did it and how?
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- One drink per person and finger food
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately