Continue your walk to Golden Gai, a famous bar district on the east side of Shinjuku with more than 100 tiny shacks (formerly brothels), bars and clubs. Walk through the narrow alleys and passageways that have remained unchanged over time. Stroll along the neon-lit streets of Kabukicho, full of small bars and hostess clubs catering mainly to Japanese salary men. See the touts calling out for business and hear the risqué stories of what goes on behind closed doors!
Finish your tour at Omoide Yokocho, for a look back in time. This lane still has the old architecture of wooden shacks and is reminiscent of the 1940s when old Tokyo’s alleys hosted a world of black marketeers. Stop for a while and enjoy dinner or a few drinks at one of the many bars and restaurants.
Please note: Food and drinks are not included in the tour, your guide will suggest restaurant and bars and assist you with ordering.
2017: Tokyo Tourist Information Center, Shinjuku (BUSTA Shinjuku, 3F)
Shinjuku and Kabukicho Evening Walking Tour
- English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A small amount of walking is involved approximately 1.5 miles (2.5 km)
- Food and drink are not included in the price of the tour
- Minimum age is 20 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund