Please note: This tour is seasonal and runs annually in March and April. The dates are subject to change.
Take a break from sightseeing to enjoy a Japanese-style lunch in Western Tokyo, known as the Tama area.
Then re-board your coach and head to the Tokyo Tower Main Observatory to take in panoramic city views from the nearly 500-foot-tall (150-meter) tower. On a clear day, you can even see Mt Fuji in the distance. If you'd like, your guide can show you nearby Zojoji Temple where more cherry blossoms bloom.
This tour will take you to either Chidorigafuchi and Kitanomaru Park or Shinjuku Gyoen. Chidorigafuchi and Kitanomaru Park, where more than 1 million visitors arrive each year to view some 260 blossoming trees. Following the promenade at a section of the Imperial Palace, stroll through the tunnel of blossoms and observe reflections of the trees and bright blue rowboats on the water. Near the northern end of Kitanomaru Park, you’ll get great photo ops of the cherry trees that grow near the oldest remaining gate of the Edo Castle compound, which dates to 1636. Alternatively, depending on blooming conditions and time of season, your guide accompanies you to Shinjuku Gyoen, a large park that was originally laid out in 1772 as part of the residence of a feudal lord. The current configuration of the gardens was completed in 1906 for the Imperial Palace and rebuilt after the destruction of World War II. The garden features 1,300 cherry trees of 65 different varieties and is a favorite spot for hanami.
After roughly an hour at either location, say farewell to your guide at Tokyo or Shinjuku Station and make your own way to your next destination.
Cherry Blossom Viewing and Tokyo Tower Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (exceptions apply)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. In such cases, you will be notified at least 4 days in advance
- If cherry blossoms fail to bloom on the day, the tour may be cancelled and you will get full refund. In such cases, you will be notified at least 4 days in advance
- The arrival time and order of itinerary may change due to traffic conditions, or other operational concerns on the day. In such cases, sections of the itinerary may be shortened, or omitted from the tour. No refunds will be provided
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Children 4–5 years old can participate in the tour are complimentary when accompanied by adults, but may not occupy their own seats. In addition, children are subject to a JPY 310 admission fee at Tokyo Tower
- If the cherry blossoms at Chidorigafuchi and Kitanomaru Park or Shinjuku Gyoen are not in bloom on the day, the tour may visit other popular cherry blossom viewing sites
- Please provide the information of your accommodation(s) before your travel date at checkout