After a stop for photos, get back on your coach to travel west into the heart of Tuscany, to the area surrounding Montalcino. Here you'll visit the gorgeous Sant' Antimo Abbey, where the stone walls ring with the sound of Gregorian chants, before admiring the views over the town's vineyards.
The rich Brunello di Montepulciano red wine is produced at these vineyards, and you'll sample a glass over a three-course lunch at one of the area's traditional farms! Featuring produce grown on the farm, your lunch allows you to dine in true Tuscan style before enjoying a wine tasting of each of the wines grown on site.
Spend part of your afternoon in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Pienza, where you'll have approximately 45 minutes to explore at your leisure. The town's layout was designed by Pope Pius II in the 14th century, as he wanted to transform the look of his birthplace. As you explore independently, soak up the serene ambience that stays true to the Pope's vision, and marvel at the town’s beautiful ancient architecture. Be sure to look in the shops for Pienza's most famous product – Pecorino cheese!
As your day comes to an end, meet your guide back at the coach for the relaxing return journey to Rome.
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour from Rome
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch and wine tasting on a Tuscan farm
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our group tours
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered