Numbers are limited to 13 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
The northern lights, or aurora borealis, are caused by magnetic storms that graffiti the sky with vibrant colors. Depending on certain variables—weather, location, chance—you could strike gold, or rather yellowish green and occasionally crimson, but there is never guaranteed admission to this light show. Throughout the evening, your guide will constantly be on the lookout for the best places to spot them, and your jeep will be able to take you to those hard-to-reach places that standard tour coaches can’t access.
In between stargazing, learn all about Iceland's northern lights from your guide. Iceland is known as one of the most accessible places in the world to see the spectacle, home to vast swathes of remote countryside far from urban lights that can often hinder sightings of the lights. Located at extreme latitude, the country is close to the Earth’s magnetic poles, meaning that when the solar winds collide with the magnetic forces, surreal ribbons of color are etched across the crystal-clear night skies. Have your camera ready to capture the phenomenon!
After roughly three hours of exploring the countryside on the lookout for the lights, travel back to Reykjavik and finish your experience with a drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: If you don’t see the northern lights on the night of your tour, you can rebook with your guide at no extra cost, subject to availability.
Please be ready for pick up from your hotel at 8.30pm
8pm tour start time (hotel pickups commence at 8:30pm)
Northern Lights Explorer Tour by Super Jeep from Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by SUV
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; good hiking shoes are recommended
- Warm outdoor clothing is essential, also waterproof clothing, hat and gloves
- This tour is weather dependent and, as such, is liable to last-minute cancellations (up until 6:15pm on the day)
- If you do not see the northern lights, or if your tour is cancelled due to bad weather, you may rebook for another evening free of charge (subject to availability); speak to your guide on the day or contact the local supplier on the number provided on your voucher.