6:45am: Leaving from Quito
9:00am: Enter Cotopaxi National Park
9:30am: Explanations of the area, volcanoes, animals, etc.
10:45am: Arrive at the parking lot at 4,500m (14,763ft), and begin hike up to “Jose Rivas” refuge
11:30am: Reach refuge at 4,810m (15,780 ft). Rest, enjoy the view
12:00pm: Hike to the glaciers (decision of the guide depending on the weather) 5,000m (16,404 ft) and return to the parking lot. Drive to departure point
2:00pm: Equipment and bikes check and short briefing. Begin decent on mountain bike.
2:35pm: Arrive at Laguna Limpiopungo via bike.
5:00pm: Return to Quito
This tour goes to a height of 4,810m (15,780 ft). It is important that you are prepared for this kind of altitude. We recommend acclimatizing at least two days around 3,000m (9,842 ft). Cotopaxi has its own micro-climate and the weather in the area is very unpredictable, so please be prepared with warm clothes. The tour will leave in any weather.
The tour is operated by a parent operator that reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
Biking inside the National Park
- National Park fees
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: For the use of bicycles, you will be kindly asked to sign a document that you accept responsibility of the good use of the bicycle and you will be asked to let an identity document that will be given back after the tour. Thank you for your comprehension
- Necessary equipment: Please bring with you the following items: warm clothing (including a change of clothes) gloves, scarf, hat, sunglasses, long socks, cotton pants and waterproof jacket. Water. Hiking shoes/boots. Camera. Snacks. Sun cream
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel