On this food tour you will indulge on authentic Mexican food and regional dishes of the Yucatan. Your local foodie expert will guide you to small, out-of-the-way eateries and locales, away from the tourist mainstays and the tourist path of 5th Avenue. Leave everything in the hands of your passionate, highly knowledgeable guide, including transportation, menu selection, and even paying the bills. All you have to do is savor the food and take a photo or two to remember your culinary journey.
The general itinerary includes 5 tasting stops at local food stalls/ stands and restaurants. Begin your tour with the regional cuisine of the Yucatan by trying one of the best tacos you will ever have (your culinary guides personal favorite). You will continue your food journey of Mexico by tasting other regional dishes and ending on a sweet note. In addition to the local food stalls and restaurants you will visit, you will also get a chance to see the local Mexican open-air farmers market. Learn about some of the ingredients you eat and how they are used.
You will be guided along the streets of Playa del Carmen that serve some of the best local food. Some walking is involved so bring comfortable shoes. Also, be sure to come prepared to eat, even though these are tastings you will leave quite full.
Delightful street eats!
- All food and drinks (tastings at 5 locations)
- Transportation (some taxi transportation is required)
- Local/ Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult