Relax with the flexibility of your exclusive tour of the Marlborough wine region. Taste sensational wines and partake of some of the most delicious gourmet treats. Enjoy the wineries or mix and match the day with exciting options.
From the Port of Picton your local chauffeur/guide will meet you at the Picton I Site car park near the vehicle to take you on a scenic journey through to Blenheim and the famous wine region. Savour our local cuisine in a winery garden café or enjoy a wine with a cheese, meat, seafood platter overlooking our stunning Wairau Valley. Later, visit a chocolate boutique.
Ride with peace of mind with flexible drop off to suit your ships scheduled departure.
The Port of Picton in the Queen Charlotte Sound welcomes cruise ships through-out the season. Just 25 minutes south of Picton your local chauffeur/guide takes you on a scenic journey to enjoy the famous Marlborough wines. Your personal tour offers great flexibility to combine your favourite requests with your chauffeur/guide’s recommendations of the area. Enjoy a full wine tour experience or mix with other Marlborough gourmet and local attractions.
On arrival into the Blenheim countryside of the Wairau Valley you can start tasting some sensational wines before a relaxing break for brunch, lunch or afternoon refreshment (at your own cost) applicable to your ships schedule.
A popular choice could be a light tapas platter of mouth-watering cheese, meats and seafood with matching wines at a picturesque winery spot or while you overlook the Valley views of vineyards and the surrounding landscapes.
More wine tasting could follow or try some of our local gourmet oils, liqueurs, local cheeses, black garlic, peanut butters, Manuka honey or a refreshing gelato.
Your itinerary could vary depending on some of the options you choose on the day. Some exciting options you could consider could be a visit to an award winning garden, a visit to a renowned local artist’s personal gallery, a visit to another small artisan gallery and the opportunity to see the pet sheep close up. You could also choose a visit to the Omaka Air Museum to view Peter Jackson’s classic air plane displays or a helicopter ride over the Wairau Valley and Tasman Bays.
A must stop is the Makana Boutique Chocolate Confections – a tasty treat not to be missed.
Some activities will be subject to availability on the day if not pre-booked and any entry fees may be payable to the organizer on the day.
Once back in Picton you may like to take in the breath-taking views overlooking the Port of Picton, Queen Charlotte Sound and your ship.
You will travel in a comfortable vehicle of up to six seats to suit the single traveler, couples or friends.
Your chauffeur/guide is a local owner who has great passion for Marlborough and would look forward to sharing it with you.
Tour departs usually 2 hours after docking at Picton Port.
Generally if a Ship docks in Picton at 8am the Tour starts at 10:30 am
The Tour returns no less than 2 hours prior to Ships departure from Port
Busy day in Port of Picton
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Basic wine tasting fees
- Complimentary chocolates
- Bottled water
- Local taxes
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch at own cost due to varying appetites
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cut off time for booking has been set for 12 hours prior to tour departure. Due to advance bookings being required to wine tasting and other activities.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Your tour guide provides a 6 seat vehicle for smaller private groups.
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Picton Port for your ship’s departure. In the extreme unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.