Numbers are limited to 18 people on this small-group tour, ensuring a more personalized experience.
You’ll be awed by the beautiful scenery of rolling vineyard-covered hills and old-world villages when you arrive in northern Burgundy. Start with a visit to Château de Bazoches, a 12th-century hillside castle located on the site of an old Roman post on the gateway to Morvan. Explore the castle’s courtyard and interior with your guide while learning about its history and family lineage.
Later in the morning, head to Vézelay, arguably one of the most beautiful villages of France. Historically, Vézelay has served as a place of pilgrimage on the road to Santiago de Compostela and the gateway to Morvan; today it is a well-preserved village known for its white wine. Spend time roaming the town and visit Basilique St-Marie-Madeleine, a masterpiece of Romanesque art and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Have lunch at La Coquille in Vézelay before enjoying an afternoon of wine tasting in Chablis, a famous wine region and town that's world-renowned for its chardonnay.
Explore Chablis’ winding cobblestone streets and visit 13th-century St-Martin Church with your guide. Then, head to a wine cellar to sample locally produced wine while learning about the art of winemaking throughout Burgundy.
Savor your last views of Burgundy’s picturesque scenery as you hop in the mini-coach and begin your relaxing drive back to Paris, arriving in the early evening.
Small-Group Burgundy Day Trip from Paris Including Chablis, Vezelay and Chateau de Bazoches
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Wine tasting in Chablis
- Entrance fees to Château de Bazoches and Basilique St-Marie-Madeleine
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The minimum legal drinking age in France is 18. Any children under 18 will not be served alcohol.