Please note: Transportation is not included.
During the 2.5-hour demonstration, sip a glass of wine as your chef-instructor takes you through the preparation and cooking of four dishes. You get a full sensory experience during the cooking class while leaving the messy prep and working over the hot stove to the chef.
Your instructor intersperses the cooking lesson with tales of local lore and Louisiana history. As you learn the recipes, you also get a window into the cultural forces that have shaped all aspects of New Orleans, including its rich cuisine.
Afterward, tour the 19th-century home with your host while the final touches on your lunch or dinner are completed. Then adjourn to the dining room for a party featuring the dishes that you watched being prepared. Savor the delicious food, fine wine and good company as you linger over the 3- to 4-course meal.
The menu varies according to the season and availability, but dishes may include fresh seafood gumbo, seared salmon salad, crawfish pasta, baked oysters with bacon, Gulf shrimp topped with rémoulade, pecan pie, praline cookies and more. You can take home the recipes at the end of class.
Dinner Cooking Experience
5:30pm Dinner Cooking Experience
Lunch Cooking Experience
10:30am Lunch Cooking Experience
Chef Gerard Maras making one of his famous dishes.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- A complete recipe packet
- Instruction from an expert chef
- Wine service for the duration of the class and the meal
- 3- to 4-course meal
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21 years to drink alcohol
- Guests under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- We must be notified of any dietary restrictions or allergies 48 hours prior to the class, otherwise we may not be able to accommodate the dietary issues
- There is an additional fee of $10 per course for any replacement course (such as gluten free or vegetarian/non-seafood)
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people