Don't expect to find extreme poverty by walking though Dharavi. The tour breaks stereotypical beliefs and will inspire you for your daily life. and Tour Guides are College students live in Dharavi Slum
Walk through narrow lanes and by-lanes taking in the wafting aromas from local bakeries and sweet shops. Exotic smells from soap and cosmetic making units are bound to make some heads turn. Dime sized cyber cafes, locals brushing past, mass-producing tailor shops all make up for an exciting trip. Friendly locals and enthusiastic tiny tots waving from their roof tops and balconies simply add in a touch of regular life being lived here.
Continue on the show and tell tour listening to stories from your guide as you arrive at Kumbharwada, in Dharavi. Known to be the face of India’s largest slum dwelling, The tour through the slum's narrow alleys is quite an adventure, you will undoubtedly feel the strong sense of community and the special spirit that exists here. Dharavi became famous through the worldwide hit movie 'Slumdog Millionaire' in 2008. Visit Kumbharwada, an area occupied by traditional potters hailing from Gujarat. This large settlement set up in 1930s is a testimony of communal clay pits and kilns that have stood the test of time and witnessed hardships. In tandem with Brazil’s Favela, Dharavi and Mahim will leave a mark in your hearts and minds.
Don't expect to find extreme poverty by walking though Dharavi. The tour breaks stereotypical beliefs and will inspire you for your daily life
Tour Transport: start from your hotel lobby
Private tour - Between 9am and 4pm
Morning Tour transport(Group)
2hours walking tour in Dharavi
2 Hours walking tour
EveningTour no tranport(Group)
2Hours walking tour
Slum tour with transport(PVT)
This option includes round-trip transport by car to Dharavi with limited stops along the way.
- Local guide and professional Guide
- Walking tour
- Round-trip private transfer(if option is selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Tour Guides are college student live in Dharavi Slum which help them with their studied.