Book by December 16, 2016 to save 20% off our previously offered price, for Travel until October 31, 2017!
Enter through the Great Court into the Great Hypostyle Hall and marvel at the 134 columns towering above you like an ancient forest. At the rear of the complex lies the Sacred Lake, where pharaohs and their offerings to the gods were once purified millennia ago. Enjoy free time to explore at your leisure before continuing to the next location.
Travel south to the Luxor Temple, once joined to the Temples of Karnak by the Avenue of Sphinx. Dominated by statues of the great warrior Pharaoh Ramesses II, the founding pharaoh of Egypt’s 19th dynasty, this 1400 BC temple has survived countless Nile floods, foreign invasions and thousands of years exposed to harsh conditions. Admire the mysterious inner walls and columns adorned with intricate hieroglyphics, which your guide will help you decipher, and discover the temple’s intriguing history.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Luxor port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Luxor Shore Excursion: Private Tour of the Temples of Karnak and Luxor Temple
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Viator’s Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible; however, be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited. These may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or those using a wheelchair.
- As there is walking involved, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Missed port or late ship arrival: You will be issued a full refund in the event that your ship does not make it to port in time for the start of your tour or activity. You will also be issued a full refund for tours and activities cancelled due to a ship’s inability to get into port.