The road to the Presidential Palace passes near the Kigali International airport. The museum is a short way east of the airport as well as the Kanombe Military Hospital. In the process of being progressively restored, this former presidential palace is located on the eastern outskirts of the city. Only very few exhibits are found there, yet it is worth visiting. You will still see the wreckage of the presidential plane where it was shot down – over the garden wall!
Later in the afternoon, your guide will drive you to the Kigali Genocide Memorial centre. It is estimated that more than 250,000 victims are buried in this Memorial. Audioguided, you will be led in different areas of the Memorial.
At the end of the tour, your driver will take you back to your hotel.
Kigali image seen from the main roundabout
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 10 people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler