Day 2 - Nyanza Royal Palace Museum and Trip to Kibuye
On this 2 hours long trip to Nyanza, you will have the opportunity to see several scattered villages and the locals walking to their various daily activities. In Nyanza, besides seeing the Rwandan Traditional Royal home and the Inyambo (the royal traditional long-horned cows) you will also visit the residence of King Mutara III Rudahigwa built in 1932. Later in the afternoon you will drive to Kibuye. Overnight at the Golf Eden Rock Hotel.
Day 3 - Kayaking and Ramble to the Bats Island
In the morning, you will have a kayaking opportunity and a tour to various islands on the lake Kivu. There will be lunch packed for you since you will have a long day out in the lake . The Napoleon Island is shaped like the Napoleon hat and it offers climbing and hiking opportunities. Millions of bats are sheltered on the island spectacularly darkening the sky when people get nearby. This island is surrounded by several other beautiful islands such as the turtle-shaped Rutembagara island.
Day 4 - Boat ride from Napolen Island to Kinunu Coffee Washing Station
After breakfast, you have a boat ride from the Napoleon island to Kinunu coffee washing station where you will experience firsthand all the steps undertaken in the processing of coffee from cherries to cupping. Later after a well deserved lunch, you will visit the Ubumwe Community centre for people with disability. In the evening, you drive to Musanze. Overnight at Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge.
Day 5 - Gorilla Trek
After an early breakfast, you will be driven to the park HQs to be briefed on how to behave once you approach the gorillas. You will be allowed to stay with the gorillas for a full hour upon which you will return to your hotel and have your lunch. Afternoon drive south-east to Kigali and overnight at the Radius Guest Flats.
Day 6 - Trip to the Akagera National Park
Early morning, you meet your driver/guide at the hotel parking for yet another adventure à la Rwandaise. Your lunch will be packed. This 2-3 hours drive journey will take you to the Akagera National Park for a full game drive where animals like the African Elephants, Masai giraffes, Antelopes, Zebras, Buffaloes, gazelles, Impala, Oribi, Burchell’s zebra, Topi, Bush baby, and many more are frequently seen. If luck is on your side, you may also have an opportunity to see various species of birds including the rare Shoe bill stock, and the Papyrus gonolek. Overnight in Kigali at Radius Guest Flats.
Day 7 - City Tour and Farewell
In the morning, you will be guided for a city tour, visit craft shops and many other places. After lunch transfer to the airport for your outbound flight.
The royal Inyambo cows parade at Nyanza
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Transport by private vehicle
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- visa fees and flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Costs of items of personal nature
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This product is subject to gorilla permit availability. We recommend booking several days before arrival for the trekking permits to be guaranteed
- Minimum age is 14 years