Here, receive your harness, helmet, gloves and other state-of-the-art equipment, and listen to instructions and safety tips from your two professionally trained guides, who are present on all the platforms throughout the course to make sure you take off and land safely. Then it’s time to start your rainforest adventure — simply climb up to the first platform, and away you go.
Across eight dual-cable ziplines, fly through the dense canopy of spruce, hemlock and cedar trees that make up Tongass National Forest. Between the starting zipline of just 100 feet (30 meters) in length to the adrenaline-pumping 850-foot (260-meter) ‘Ben’s Revenge’ line, you’ll zoom over salmon-spawning streams and tidal estuaries, and have the chance to see local Alaskan wildlife like bald eagles and black bears. The course also includes three suspension bridges and a nature trail so you can maximize your opportunities to see wildlife and natural features like Eagle Creek Falls.
The last zipline takes you out of the rainforest and over a grassy wetland, where you’ll land at a 55-foot (17-meter) viewing tower. Take a moment to enjoy one last view of your lush surroundings, and then climb down the stairs to base camp to remove your equipment and receive a medal in recognition of your adventurous spirit. Refuel with a provided snack and hot beverage, and take a look at photos from the course in the General Store (available for purchase).
Your shore excursion ends with the drive back to Ketchikan.
Please note: Previous ziplining experience is not required, but be aware that this zipline course is designed for those who have done it in the past and/or are looking for a more challenging and exciting experience.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
- All necessary equipment
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Snack and beverage at the end of the course
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Weight limits: 90 to 250 lbs (40 to 113 kg); height requirement: 60 inches (153 cm)
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Full use of limbs is required; guests with injuries or seizure disorders are not allowed
- Closed-toe shoes required; long pants and layered clothing recommended
- Video cameras and GoPro cameras are not allowed on the course