The following morning, breakfast is provided at the hotel. Your group will then assemble with your bikes at the bus at an agreed upon time. You will be given a map of the day's route with instructions leading up to the first re-group point. You'll also receive your guide's contact details, so you can get in touch if you experience any problems along the way. The group will all roll out together. As a rough guide, each day will involve 62 miles (100km) of riding with 6.562 ft (2,000m) of positive height gain. For those who would like to do a bit more, there is an optional climb each day.
On all the rides, there is a bus that follows the group providing support as well as snacks and drinks. Stops are generally made at cafes and restaurants along the way, ensuring you are well-fueled – and also able to soak up some of the local culture. Depending on events of the day, the group generally arrives at the hotel around 4pm. If you are doing the optional climb, you can expect to be back around 6pm.
You will have free time each afternoon to relax and explore the local villages, followed by a briefing and then dinner. On the last day you'll be transferred from the hotel back to the airport.
Introduction to cycling the French Alps
- 7 nights accommodation
- Bike tour
- Airport pickup and drop-off
- Coffee stops
- Bikes and bike equipment
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Good level of fitness required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart conditions or other medical problems
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately