Get a short introduction to the gallery’s Renaissance masterpieces, including the original statue of David by Michelangelo. Visitor lines to the gallery are often long, so your reserved skip-the-line ticket allows you to spend more viewing the art than waiting in line. Show your ticket, bypass the main entrance lines, and follow your guide inside.
Pieces by Michelangelo take center stage in the gallery, and your guide’s commentary charts the life of this Renaissance genius and how and why he created the masterpieces on show. See his unfinished sculptures – I Prigioni and San Matteo – and admire his Palestrina Pietà depicting a lifeless Jesus in the arms of his mother, Mary.
Then, behold the statue of David that dominates the interior. The young Michelangelo carved it from rough marble in three years, creating a stunning Renaissance model of a young man at the height of his vigor. Admire the life-like statue, and hear how David perfectly symbolized Florence’s power at the time. Then, discover other highlights with your guide, such as works by Lippi and Botticelli.
After just over an hour, your guide will bid farewell, leaving you free to continue exploring or leave as you wish.
Aperitivo or Dinner Upgrade:After your gallery tour, why not finish your evening with an aperitivo or dinner? Select either option, and when your tour ends, follow your guide to a traditional restaurant overlooking Piazza della Duomo. Leave your guide and take a seat inside, enjoying the views of the sunset-lit square as you drink and eat.
Your aperitivo will consist of a glass of prosecco or soda and snacks, while the 4-course dinner will comprise Tuscan dishes such as roasted pork (See the Itinerary for sample menus), served with mineral water. Afterward, make your own way back to your hotel.
Accademia Gallery Tour
Accademia Gallery guided tour at sunset
Florence at sunset
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Accademia Gallery
- Aperitivo (if option selected)
- Dinner (if option selected)
- Headphones (headphones are provided starting from 15 participants)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that the tour options with dinner and aperitivo are not available for children under 12 years old
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Glass of prosecco or soda
- Snack selection including cheese, fruit, crackers and scones
- Bruschetta al pomodoro e basilica (grilled bread topped with tomatoes, basil and garlic)
- Lasagna (flat pasta layers interleaved with meat, tomato and Béchamel sauce) and Mushroom Risotto (creamy rice dish cooked with mushrooms)
- Steccata di suino (roasted pork with peas and mixed salad)
- Zuccotto (semi-frozen dessert cake made with ice cream and brandy)