Train journeys between the two cities can last up to 2.5 hours, but your high-speed train shuttles you into the heart of Venice in just 2 hours. On arrival in the city, head out to explore! How you spend your time in beautiful Venice is up to you. Entrance fees to attractions and any meals are at your own expense.
Check out Venice’s must-see sights such as St Mark’s Square and Doge’s Palace, from where the powerful yet treacherous doges of Venice once ruled, and discover iconic attractions including St Mark’s Basilica and Rialto Bridge. If culture is your thing, pay homage to contemporary artwork with a visit to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, or pay a visit to Ca' Rezzonico Museum of Eighteenth Century Art.
To help you get around the city, a Vessel ticket for use on the city’s vaporetto transport system is included. The ticket is valid for 12 hours and covers most areas in central Venice.
At the time advised by your host, make your own way to Venice’s Santa Lucia Station and travel by train back to Florence. Your independent day trip then finishes at Santa Maria Novella Station in Florence.
Venice from Florence
- Round-trip high-speed train ticket
- Vessel card (Vaporetto ticket)
- St Mark's Basilica ticket (starting from April 1, 2017)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Wheelchair accessible