On the day of your adventure, you will be picked up at your hotel in Cusco at 4am for an early start on a vehicle to be transferred to Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley. From Ollantaytambo, you will take an executive-class train along the Urubamba River Valley surrounded by majestic mountains and immerse yourself in amazing Peruvian landscapes. Delve into the Inca World as you arrive to the train station in Aguas Calientes, the nearest town to Machu Picchu, where you will be picked-up and taken to the marvelous Inca Citadel hidden away at the top of a mountain. Here you will take a 2-hour guided tour with a professional local guide.
After your guided tour, you will have free time to enjoy the archaeological site and walk around on your own. You can take an optional hike to the Inti Punku (Sun Gate) or to the Inca bridge. Your guide will give you recommendations and on where to go and directions on how to get there. Sit down for a moment to relax and enjoy this magical site nestled deep in the Andean mountains surrounded by striking scenery.
When you are finished at Machu Picchu, you will return back to Aguascalientes and walk to the Inka Terra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel for a delicious lunch made with the freshest local ingredients. (Arrive anytime between 12:00 - 16:00 hours. Please plan your time accordingly at Machu Picchu so you can make it back to town in time for lunch and to meet your return train.) Rest your legs and have a coffee to recharge your batteries before returning to Cusco.
You have two options for your return train journey. Please select one:
(Option 1) Executive Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 19:00 hours
Choose to stay a few more hours at Machu Picchu or in Aguas Calientes to walk around, visit the local market, hot springs or have a beer at a local bar in town. Take an Executive Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 19:00 hours. In Ollantaytambo you will take a transfer back to Cusco arriving at your hotel around 23:00 hours.
(Option 2) Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 16:12 hours
Take a Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 16:12 hours. In Ollantaytambo you will take a transfer back to Cusco arriving at your hotel around 20:30 hours.
Option 1/ Return Train Journey
Choose to stay longer and take an Executive Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 7:00 pm. In Ollantaytambo you will take a transfer back to Cusco arriving at your hotel around 11:00 pm.
Option 2/ Return Train Journey
Take a Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 4:12 pm. In Ollantaytambo you will take a transfer back to Cusco arriving at your hotel around 8:30 pm.
Made it to Machu Picchu
- Personal introductory briefing 1 day prior to departure
- Hotel Pick-Up and Drop-Off in Central Cusco (*If your hotel is located outside of the city centre, please inquire for meeting point or additional pick-up cost)
- 2-hour guided tour at Machu Picchu with a Certified Bilingual Guide
- 7-hour experience at Machu Picchu with free time to walk around on your own, hike to the Sun Gate or Inca Bridge
- Round-trip transfer with private vehicle from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Round-trip first class train tickets from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Archaeological Site
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Delicious lunch with fresh local ingredients at Inka Terra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel (Arrive anytime between 12pm and 4pm)
- Other Meals / Snacks / Bottled Water
- Guide for transfers by car, train and bus (these portions are on your own)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (34 soles) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (30 soles) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- You must attend a briefing one day prior to departure in Cusco to receive information on your trip.
- You must present your passport upon entry to the train and the Machu Picchu Archaeological Site. You will be denied entry if you do not bring this.
- This trip is NOT wheelchair accessible. You must be capable of walking moderate distances over uneven terrain and steep stairs at the Machu Picchu Archaeological Site.
- Please calculate timings to enjoy your included lunch at Inka Terra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.
- Important: You must provide the following information upon booking: Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport), Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport Number, Date of Passport Expiry - Must be valid for at least 6 months past the date of travel. Without this information, the local tour operator will be unable to make the booking. Please be aware that your complete and correct passport information must be provided. Absolutely no modifications can be made once your booking has been confirmed. Any changes or discrepancies in the information provided will result in a complete loss of permits and entrance tickets, for which you will be held responsible and will need to pay for again.