When you arrive on the outskirts of a hill tribe village, follow your guide on a 2.5-hour hike with a gradual climb past some village houses. Before long, you'll be surrounded by the unspoiled jungle environment as you continue along the local trail, which provides the opportunity to encounter local members of the hill tribe going about their daily routine. Throughout the hike, admire the variety of native vegetation and wildlife, and pass by a cabbage farm and another hill tribe village. Your guide tells you about the area and explains the customs of village life in northern Thailand as you go.
At midday, after you've worked up an appetite, head to a picturesque waterfall to enjoy a picnic lunch of homemade Thai cuisine. Then begin your cycling tour from the waterfall, riding mostly downhill on a paved road at first. As you turn off the main road, pedal along village alleyways, rice fields, and rural roads of Mae Sa Valley—an excellent way to see the local way of life. You'll also take a few off-road trails to get off the beaten track.
Finish your bike ride at an orchid farm, where you can refresh and have a quick look around before the drive back to Chiang Mai for hotel drop-off in the evening.
Cycle through the rustic Mae Sa Valley
- Thai picnic lunch
- Water and snacks available throughout the day
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Participants must be reasonably fit and in good physical condition
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for hiking and biking