A look at the picturesque 'Malay Quarter', a dynamic, living museum and home to the oldest mosque in the Southern Hemisphere. We discover the unique culture, lifestyle and personality of the Cape Muslim community and their contribution to South Africa's development.
As a result of the Group Areas Act, 60 000 Capetonian families were forcibly removed from this once vibrant area between 1966 and 1982. The District Six issue remains crucial. We examine the now desolate area, Zonnebloem, which was District Six and visit the living museum which attempts to represent and recapture District Six in various ways - as a fine-spun tapestry of communal life torn apart but not forgotten.
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability