Arrive early at Tulum, and make the most of your chance to explore before the crowds arrive. With informative commentary from your private guide, learn of the role Tulum played in Mayan civilization and hear how this ancient city once thrived as a major seaport.
Climb the stone wall that encircles the city center — the largest fortified Mayan site on the Quintana Roo coast — and take in panoramic views over the dense forest to the shores of the sea. Explore the site at your leisure, and imagine the hustle and bustle of daily life here hundreds of years ago.
As midday approaches, hop back aboard your vehicle and enjoy a light lunch during the onward journey to either Xel-Há or Xcaret — two sites of interest that sit roughly 25 minutes away. With your private guide to lead the way, you’re free to choose the park that best matches your interest. Equipment is provided for any activities you choose to do.
In Xel-Há — a natural aquarium sitting on the banks of the Riviera Maya — snorkel with angelfish and rays in the warm waters of the lagoon, cycle through lush forest with tropical birdlife overhead or hop into an inflatable tube and float along creeks formed by the underground rivers flowing out to the sea.
Alternatively, head to the archaeological park of Xcaret where budding archaeologists can explore underground rivers and sites of Mayan ceremonial rites. Wander through dense forest to ancient archaeological sites, looking for birds, butterflies, monkeys and other wildlife along the way. Or don a pair of flippers to snorkel with the resident sea turtles.
Finally, travel back to Cancun where your private tour will come to an end.
Please note: food, drinks and additional activities at Xel-Há or Xcaret are at your own expense.
Tour plus Xel-Há
Includes trip to Xel-Há
Tour plus Xcaret
Includes trip to Xcaret
Private Tour: Early Access to Tulum with an Archeologist
- Entrance fee to Tulum
- Entrance fee to Xel-Há or Xcaret (depending on option selected)
- Private guide
- Box lunch
- Use of inner tubes, lifejackets, lockers, lounge chairs, snorkel equipment and towels at Xel-Há or Xcaret
- Water activities in the underground river (Xcaret option only)
- Entrance to 'Xcaret Mexico Espectacular' show (Xcaret option only)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks at Xel-Há and Xcaret
- Optional activities at Xel-Há and Xcaret
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable lightweight clothing and walking shoes or sneakers
- Please bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a swimsuit and a change of clothes