See the classic sights of ancient Egypt on this private tour to the Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Dahshur and Memphis with the luxury of your own qualified Egyptologist guide.
Depart from your Cairo hotel and travel to the Giza Plateau, around 30 minutes from the city, home to the Great Pyramids and Sphinx. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will introduce you to each of the 3 pyramids from the outside, Pyramid of Khufu, Pyramid of Khafre and the smaller Pyramid of Menkaure. You will have time to enter inside one of the pyramids (additional cost), however your guide is not permitted to escort you.
Continue across the plateau for a photo opportunity of all 3 pyramids rising from the sands with the Cairo skyline in the background. A short drive to the other side of the plateau finds you standing at the feet of the Sphinx and there is time to explore the surrounds including the ruins of the Mummification Temple.
Your next stop is at Memphis, the ancient capital of Egypt. Here you will find artifacts from many of the great rulers of Egypt, including the huge fallen statue of Ramses II. Continue to Dahshur, most noteworthy for being the site that best demonstrates the change from the "step" pyramid to the 'true' pyramid that occurred during the 3rd and 4th dynasties.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each of the sites during the tour. In addition you will have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish. If you do not want to include this visit, just inform your guide on the day.
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Tour & Lunch
Private tour to Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, Dahshur with Egyptologist guide. Includes lunch; pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
Private tour to Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis, Dahshur with Egyptologist guide. Includes pickup/drop off from Cairo and Giza hotels
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance to Giza
- Entrance to Dahshur
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to inside of the Pyramids (approx. EGP40.00 - 100.00)
- Entrance to the Solar Boat Museum (approx. EGP30.00)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat