Book by December 15, 2016 to save 20% off our previously offered price, for Travel until October 31, 2017!
Discover the ancient sites and culture of Coptic Christians on a private tour through Old Cairo. Visit Abu Serga where the Holy family sort refuge, and Ben Ezra, one of the oldest synagogues in Cairo. Learn about Christian life in Egypt, a country where Christianity is a minority.
Your next stop is the Abu Serga, one of the places where the Holy Family rested after fleeing Israel from King Herod. There are 24 marble columns lining the central court, and a series of 12th-century icons depicting the 12 apostles.
Ben Ezra Synagogue is one of the oldest in Egypt. Set in a shady garden, it was built on the site of 4th-century Christian church. The synagogue was severely damaged by Arabs after the 1967 war with Israel, but it has been almost completely renovated.
At the end of the tour you will visit the fascinating Coptic Museum, which is located in an area of great historical importance within the precinct of the Babylon Fort. Occupying over 8,000 sq meters the museum features almost 16,000 objects of importance to the Copts of Egypt.
This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each of the sites. In addition you have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish.
Tour departs from centrally located Cairo and Giza hotels
Private Tour: Coptic Cairo
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat