- Day 1: Check in at 7:30am at the Reef Fleet Terminal (hotel pickup and drop-off are available at an additional cost, payable direct on the day of travel.)
- Day 2: Hotel pickups start at 7:30am
- Day 3: Hotel pickups start at 7am
- Hotel pickup and drop-off on Day 2 and Day 3
- Cruise to Great Barrier Reef
- Reef Tax and fuel levy
- Scuba diving lesson (optional)
- Guided snorkel tour with use of snorkel equipment (optional)
- Kuranda Scenic Railway ticket
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway ticket
- Daintree River cruise
- Guided walk through Mossman Gorge
- Entrance to Wildlife Habitat Sanctuary in Port Douglas
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off on Day 1
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Wetsuit and stinger suit rental (AU$10 per person)
- Overnight accommodation (you return to your own hotel after Day 1 and continue with the next part of your tour on Day 2, and then again on Day 3; you must have your own accommodation)
- Entrance fees to any attractions visited during any free time
- Semi-sub tour $10.00pp
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If you are intending to dive and you are over the age of 65, you must provide a current diving medical certificate
- Children 12 and under are not permitted to participate in onboard diving activities as per Queensland and Australian Law
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 24 hours before your flight is not permitted. All participants will be required to complete a health/medication questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (e.g. asthma or heart and lung conditions) and prescribed medications may prevent you from diving; please consult your doctor before booking
- Children under the age of 18 must be in the immediate company of a parent or legal guardian
Step aboard the Evolution for your high-speed cruise to the reef, cruising at more than 30 knots. Once you arrive at your exclusive mooring point on the reef, take a guided snorkeling tour or try a free scuba-diving lesson.
Your Australian barbecue lunch includes fresh fish, steak, sausages and a selection of pastas, salads and prawns.
When your five hours on the reef are up, head back to shore by boat, enjoying a cheese platter and selection of tropical fruit while musicians and entertainers make the trip back as fun and enjoyable as the rest of the day.
Kuranda Scenic Railway Day Trip from Cairns (Day 2):
Departing Cairns aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway, learn about Far North Queensland's pioneering history on the leisurely train journey to Kuranda, the 'village in the rainforest.' Relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery as you wind your way through the rainforest, stopping briefly for a photo op at Barron Gorge and when you cross Stoney Creek Bridge. Then arrive at Kuranda Station, one of the most photographed railway stations in the world.
You have free time in Kuranda to do a little shopping at the heritage markets if you wish, grab some lunch in one of the many restaurants and cafes, or have a wildlife encounter at Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (all shopping, food and entrance fees to attractions at own expense).
Then make the return journey to Cairns aboard the stunning Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Hear the birds singing and smell the fresh scent of the rainforest as you silently skim just meters above the tree canopy in a six-person gondola. Enjoy unbeatable views from the rainforest to the reef as you pass over the peak of the mountain range. There are two stops along the way where you can hop out and explore this amazing environment from the forest floor on boardwalks, at scenic lookouts and at state-of-the-art Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
Daintree Rainforest, Cape Tribulation and Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary Day Tour from Cairns (Day 3; L):
This tropical day trip takes you along one of Australia’s most scenic coastal roads to the coastal resort town of Port Douglas. Pay a visit to the Wildlife Habitat to see native animals, including koalas and rare cassowaries, and have the chance to handfeed a wallaby or kangaroo.
Cross the Daintree River by cable ferry to enter the Cape Tribulation section of Daintree National Park, where you'll enjoy a delicious lunch at Cape Tribulation Beach House Restaurant (included). Spend an hour at your leisure on Cape Tribulation Beach before taking a guided walk through historic Mossman Gorge and the heart of Cape Tribulation. Along the way, your guide will share the fascinating secrets of the rainforest, its food, medicines and history.
Your journey then returns to the Daintree River, where you will enjoy a wildlife cruise, searching for crocodiles, birds and other mangrove wildlife. Before your day in the rainforest concludes back in Cairns, stop for spectacular views from the Rex Lookout.