The Great Wall snakes its way up and down mountains and stretches for 2,400 miles. Built in numerous sections, work on the wall started as early as BC500 though it was only in about BC215, when China became the country that we know today, did various start getting linked and the Wall took on its current form.
Mutianyu Great Wall winds 1.4 miles through lofty mountains and high ridges. Besides its strategically important location and compact layout, the Mutianyu Great Wall is also famous for the breath-taking scenery. Woods cover over 96% of the total area and the Wall presents different aspects of beauty in the four seasons. US President Bill Clinton came here and declared it to be “very beautiful, very grand, more beautiful and grander than I imagined”.
A saying goes in China - 'You are not a man if you have not climbed the Great Wall'. Upon arrival, your guide will escort you to climb the Wall. With the mighty Wall as your hope and goal, the hike becomes quite exciting. The hike takes about 40 minutes and you will be at a point to appreciate the stunning view. However, provided you prefer a visit at less tense and leisure pace, you have the option to take cable car as an alternative. We have included the entrance tickets and the shuttle bus ride between car parking and entrance, while the cable car and/or toboggan ride are optional.
After the Great Wall tour, you will enjoy some relaxing time – lunch at a Chinese Restaurant.
After lunch, you will have chance to visit a cloisonné workshop and see how local artisans use the techniques of this ancient art form and turn pieces of copper into colorful decorative items.
On your way back to downtown, you will stop at Olympic Green to photograph the iconic “Bird's Nest”- the Beijing National Stadium-host to many spectacular events of the 2008 Summer Olympics.
Transfer back to your hotel at about 5:00 pm.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Admission ticket
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required